Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Abundance Experiment, Day 7

The Divine Consciousness that I am is forever expressing its true nature of Abundance. This is its responsibility, not mine. My only responsibility is to be aware of this Truth. Therefore, I am totally confident in letting go and letting God appear as the abundant all-sufficiency in my life and affairs.~exert from The Abundance Book by John Randolph Price

I'm not perfect and I'm having imperfect thoughts.... Today, I found myself thinking about how I need to see a couple of different natural doctors for some therapy, but I am not wanting to go (despite how I need their help) because I don't want to spend the money. Apparently, I am still not quite embracing this whole abundance concept.

Maybe that's why he has it set as a 40 day plan, not a 7 day???

I'm calling tomorrow to make my appointments.

A sidebar to abundance may be compassion. I had an interesting dialog with an acquaintance of mine over Facebook today going back and forth about Whitney Houston's passing. ALL I feel is deep, profound compassion for her daughter, other family members, and friends... and her. It's painful to watch someone so extraordinarily talented piss away their talent and their life.

I went through this with a singer/songwriter/composer friend of mine that passed away several Thanksgivings ago. He had an ongoing passionate love/hate affair with both himself and drugs. It manifested in the most horrific and painfully beautiful ways. When he overdosed and left us, he left a hole the size of Texas in the hearts of his family members. He hurt them repeatedly while he was alive. But, every single one of them would rather have him alive and repeating his behavior, then gone forever.

I think the same is true for Whitney. She was troubled and addicted. Was she a bad person? Even if she did some bad things? Nah... she was a human being, doing the best she could. If she had the capacity to do better, she would have. She didn't though, and we need to forgive her for that and be grateful for all the good that she did bring to us. It may be helpful to remember the different ways that we individually aren't always perfect. Life is way too short to be a hater. Let it go, have some compassion for others. And, then get REAL and have some compassion for yourself. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment