Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Abundance Experiment, Day 13

"I'm conscious of the Inner Presence as my lavish Abundance. I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite Prosperity. Therefore, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth." exert taken from The Abundance Book by John Randolph Price.

I'm rolling with the punches, as they say. Who "they" are eludes me, but nonetheless, they do say it!

My new tenant decided not to take my house. In 24 hours I went from elated to fearful to grateful, just like that. I was so happy that I had someone who checked out well want to take the house. Then, I was uncomfortable/fearful for a short time when I found out he'd changed his mind. Afraid of all the "what if's" that could be. Then, as I pondered the way the fear felt in the pit of my stomach, I recognized with gratitude that God likely just helped me to dodge a bullet. It's expensive and frustrating to have rapid turnover in a rental house when you can't manage it yourself. Likely, he wasn't as good of a fit as he appeared, and by him leaving before coming, it saved me from having him decide a month or two down the road that it wasn't a good house for his needs. Whew!

I've been noticing how cool that phenomenon can be. I used the example with a client recently, when she was expressing concern over the dating experience and how hurtful it was to get blown off by men at different times. I told her to envision a large funnel. At the top of the funnel it is very, very wide and open to men of all kinds coming into her awareness. Little by little, they get squeezed out as they come down into the narrow part. At the bottom is a filter and that filter catches all the men who aren't good fits for her. Sometimes it happens by them blowing her off for a planned date, other times it's seeing how they treat a waitress in a restaurant. The filter helps to keep us from continuing to date the "wrong" men. God letting us off the hook before we get too many feelings invested. If we pay attention to the filters, we save ourselves a lot of grief. Now, that isn't to say that a man has to be perfect to make it all the way to you. No. The man certainly doesn't have to be perfect. It's just that his issues and quirks, and your issues and quirks, have to get along. You figure this out by all the subtle nuances of dating.

Now, that may seem like a huge digression, but indulge me for just another moment...

The Universe does that for everything in our lives. We just have to pay attention and not invest too much energy in the outcome. The Universe ALWAYS has our best interests at heart. Even if it appears that that isn't the case. If you can look at a scenario with detached awareness, you will always, eventually, find an understanding about why this or that happened. It may still have been a painful experience, and yet the learnings are paramount.

Apparently, someone even better and more suited is going to rent my house. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment