Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Abundance Experiment, Day 3

"I'm conscious of the Inner Presence as my lavish Abundance. I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite Prosperity. Therefore, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth." exert taken from The Abundance Book by John Randolph Price.

Today was an interesting day, filled with lots of introspection and poignant conversation with a dear friend. I feel as if I am hyper-analyzing my thoughts, feelings, and reactions of the reality I am creating. Catching myself when I'm not remembering who I truly am, and calling myself out on it. And then, teaching myself to let it go. To not hold too tightly to what I think I may be doing "wrong", but rather acknowledging how I can have a better experience by making a different choice next time, and then being done with it. It feels very freeing. I'm beginning to understand on a deeper level that Prosperity and Abundance have everything to do with my inner representation. In fact, that may be the only factor that ultimately matters. The "Inner" therefore, creates the "Outer". This is my beacon. My Light of Truth that I must follow as I create my reality, as I create my "Lavish Abundance".


1 comment:

  1. Ok, I know I've already said this, but I feel the impulse to write it out. Let's say I'm going to piggyback your journal a bit (hoping you don't mind :)) It occurs to me in reading this little book on the truth of all life disguised as a prosperity manual, and for that matter the Secret as well, that we are being asked to accept a fundamental principle or law without reasoning through it or stepping us through a process to such conclusion. "The outer world of form and experience (effect) is a reflection of the inner world of thoughts and feelings (cause). As above, so below. As within, so without." This is huge, and any doubts about it could, I feel, represent some obstacle in the practice of conscious and deliberate manifestation. The statement means that my true, divine, Spirit self is cause and creator for EVERYTHING. Period. I do not choose to be cause for one experience but not another. Or that I am only cause to a certain extent. How could it work that way? The mechanisms for cause are my thoughts and feelings. I have my individual experience and then there is the general experience in which I am essentially agreeing with or contributing to a group creative sense, the "Dream of the Planet."

    So, it seems to me that one has to first answer the basic question, is my true Self actually Divine Spirit, and Cause? This is the first building block. Every great tradition, as the book notes, asserts this as truth. But should I not reason out and demonstrate this, for myself? Isn't that why I have the ability to reason?

    I like your story about the traffic ticket. Maybe not quite the same, but it brings to mind a habit I have of often thinking "If only I had taken some safeguard, this so-called bad thing wouldn't have happened." Then I remember, if there are an infinite number of ways that I can make something happen, how can I physically guard against them? And then, aren't I just negatively focusing on what I don't want? It always brings me around to simply loving what it is I do want.

    ReplyDelete