Friday, February 17, 2012

The Abundance Experiment, Day 11

"God is lavish, unfailing Abundance, the rich omnipresent substance of the Universe. This all-providing Source of infinite prosperity is individualized as me—the Reality of me."

This experiment has been really interesting in some ways to me. First off, I've realized that looking into it, meditating upon God and abundance is triggering something inside of me that is uncomfortable. The name God is all-encompassing to me. It is my favorite word for the Divine. And yet, it triggers my Christian roots and brings up the parts that I didn't like. For example, the parts that boxed God into little segments based on our human experiences and judgments. The parts that cast rich people as evil and greedy. The parts that cast the poor as being more spiritual...

As I explore these different feelings that are coming up, it occurs to me that I still have blocks... or else I wouldn't be having these negative emotions come up. So, my job today is explore my inner-most feelings on religion, God, mythology and especially money. Tomorrow I will post on what comes up for me. For today, I shall ponder....

1 comment:

  1. To comment on what was coming up for me yesterday, it's interesting... because most of the time I feel very good about others' having whatever beliefs that they need or want to, in order to satisfy their level of consciousness. And, I've realized, that that is a total, subjective judgment on my part that people of specific religious faith are less conscious than I.

    Albert Einstein has a fairly famous quote that I love, "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

    I quote that because I think it exemplifies what I am trying to express, as a metaphor. What is "genius" of a religion or spiritual experience/expression to one person, may be flat and meaningless to another, but it nonetheless is a perfect expression for the person believing in it. It is not my job or duty to tell them otherwise or to judge their experience based on my personal beliefs.

    Because the truth is, they just might be right. We'll find out when we die... It feels easy to let go of those blocks now that I see through the eyes of greater perspective.

    ReplyDelete