Friday, February 10, 2012

The Abundance Experiment, Day 5

Money is not my supply. No person, place or condition is my supply. My awareness, understanding and knowledge of the all-providing activity of the Divine Mind within me is my supply. My consciousness of the Truth is unlimited, therefore, my supply is unlimited." ~exert from John Randolph Price, The Abundance Book

I had two charities call me today asking for help. I passed several homeless people on the streets holding signs that read, "Anything helps". I received several solicitations from research facilities, asking for donations.

Giving has always come easily to me, as long as I've had the opportunity to dictate the usage of the funds. I've been very judgmental about how people choose to use their money, and about how money is used when I give it. It makes me stingy often. I don't want to contribute to someones drug habit, so I won't give to him. She's obviously an alcoholic, so I won't give to her. This company pays its CEO way too well, so I won't give to them.

Money is energy and necessary to live life as we individually choose. I don't think I need to worry or judge how a person or charity uses the money anymore. If I feel a "YES" to give, then the giving is done and the gift doesn't need to come with any guarantees or attachments. Actually, I've felt that way for a long time about physical gifts... wonder why it took me so long to come to terms with this for money? It's the same thing, for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment